The 4th Hole with lighthouse at the Old Head Golf Links in County Cork, Ireland.
The Old Head of Kinsale is a national monument and an ancient royal site, fortified by a castle at the narrowest part of the promontory, with history traceable back to several centuries before Christ. It is a place of special historical, archaeological and scientific interest.
The Erainn Celtic people, the first Irish settlers, fortified the peninsula by building a fort, the remains of which can still be seen today, along with the castles and signal tower on The Old Head itself. The new lighthouse was built on the site in 1853, carrying on the ancient tradition of “Navigational Fires” situated on the promontory.
Black & White, Color
8 x 12 Full Frame, 12 x 18 Full Frame, 16 x 24 Full Frame